What to Expect After Surgery
- A nurse will discuss your post-surgical medication and discharge instructions with you, as well as provide you a written copy to take home.
- Due to mediations administered during your stay, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO DRIVE YOURSELF HOME. A responsible adult must drive you home. Taxis, Ubers, buses, and the like are not acceptable methods of returning home.
- Make sure that you are not alone for the next 24 hours following surgery. You may feel dizzy, or lightheaded several hours after the surgery and may require assistance at home.
- Upon arriving at home, it is very important to follow your doctor’s instructions regarding rest, medications, and activity.
- You will receive a follow up call from our staff the day after surgery. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your surgeon or our office.
The staff is pleased that you and your surgeon have selected our facility for your surgery. You are a valued guest and want to do everything we can to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible.